20707: (Arthur) First international trade union website in Creole (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

From: ericlee@labourstart.org

In this week's mailing:

* First international trade union website in Creole

FIRST INTERNATIONAL TRADE UNION WEBSITE IN CREOLE

Creole is not one language, but 81, according to the online Ethnologue
(http://www.ethnologue.com/show_family.asp?subid=140).

LabourStart is pleased to be the first international trade union website to
feature an edition in at least one of these languages. Our website in Haitian
Creole, a language spoken by nearly 8 million people, is here:

http://www.labourstart.org/cpf/

Thanks to our friends at Batay Ouvriye in Haiti for making this possible.  If
you have not yet done so, please make sure to send out your message of
support for their campaign in defense of workers' rights in Haiti, here:

http://www.labourstart.org/haiti/

***

This email is forwarded as a service of the Haiti Support Group.

See the Haiti Support Group web site:
www.haitisupport.gn.apc.org

Solidarity with the Haitian people's struggle for justice, participatory
democracy and equitable development, since 1992.