20703: Hess: Re: 20685: Antoine: Re: 20661: Kathleen: swweet mangos (fwd)

From: DougRHess@aol.com

Wow. That's a great list. Mangos are $1.50 in Washington. Haitians don't know
how good they have it. What's all the strife about?

More seriously, anybody know how many different mango species (is that the
right word?) there are? I assume many mangos on that list are different regional
names for the same fruit. One of my proudest days in Haiti was when I was in
Casual and a Haitian told me that I ate that mango like a Haitian. (I think
because I properly pulled the skin down with my teeth. I forget what kind of
mango that was. Mango fil I think requires this skill.)

-Doug