20731: Sylvain: Teleco (fwd)

From: patrick sylvain <sylvaipa@hotmail.com>

>From: mehdi vincent
>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:31:05 -0800 (PST)
>
>TELECOM INFORMATION

>Haiti's Telecom Sector is estimated to be at 400 million minutes per year or
$48 million per year. In 1994, JBA realized that it was a very lucrative sector
after having used the settlement accounts of TELECO in the US to finance his
return to power in 1994. After having returned he granted a license to a newly
formed company (FUSION TELECOM)  made up of Democratic heavyweights like Marvin
Rosen , the former chairman of the Finance Committee of the Democratic Party.
They were billing $3 million per month for 5 years. In the beginning of 2002,
FUSION got out favor with Aristide because they did not agree to increase his
commission from $1 million to 1.5 million per month. FUSION then stopped paying
their bills to TELECO and still owe 1.8 million USD and they are no longer
doing business with TELECO. Subsequently, Aristide personally got involved in
the granting of new licenses with TELECO for a fee of 50% of all net profit on
the contracts. Aristide creating a shell company called
>  DIGITEC, within DIGITEC was the current DG of TELECO, Alphonse INEVIL, his
brother in law: Lesly Lavlanete, Mrs. Aristide.
>They signed with the following US companies:
>UNIPLEX TELECOM TECHNOLOGIES: US Company connected with a Capacity to do 20
million minutes to HAITI. This company has declared Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in
the US but kept their contract with TELECO and pays TELECO over 1 million per
month. Obtained the TELECO license with help
>of Mrs. Aristide thru the Brazilian Ambassador in Haiti. They have been
connected to TELECO for 3 years. They are more or less not as corrupted as the
others cited below
>IVM: International Voice Mail: Have a capacity to bill for $900,000 per month.
They are a front a very small company and pay Aristide 3 cents per minute for
every call they send to HAITI. Continues up to today.
>MOUNT SALEM COMMUNICATIONS GROUP: This is a shell company that Aristide
created with FRED BELIARD. Essentially, they are an interface between TELECO
and a Canadian Company called GLOBO. This company bills GLOBO Canada more than
$500,000 per month and payment to TELECO are directly to a Bank account number
that is for ARISTIDE, they are making payments up til this day. Alphonse Inevil
is still the DG of TELECO.
>TERRA COMMUNICATIONS GROUP/WECOM:  same as Uniplex they have been
interconnected since 2000 and owe TELECO more than 2 million. They are paying
Aristide 3 cents per minute for every call to HAITI.
>IDT: One the biggest Telephone companies in the World, the last company to be
granted a license from Aristide, this contract was granted thru MOUNT SALEM and
payments of more than 1 million dollars per month are made directly to
ARISTIDE. Aristide also gets 3 cents per minute for every call terminated to
HAITI.
>Suggestions: We suggest that all the companies listed above be audited in
Haiti and to review payment history and deposits into TELECO accounts. If it is
determined that they are financing Aristide's exile,
>TELECO should disconnected all these companies no fault.  It should be done as
soon as possible because the money that is being paid by these phone companies
are those paying the likes of IRA KURZBAN, MAXINE WATERS and for ARISTIDE'S
EXILE.