20834: Re 20810 (fwd) the goud

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

Could it have anything to do with the fact that the Govt. announced last
nite that the State coffers have lost 3-4 billion gourdes over the past
month - they have no accounting for the money and were intimating that
it was 'stolen'.
(I'm not an economist, so maybe it has nothing to do with that all).

They were also stating that many many lovely SUV's used by the old Govt.
Ministers had disappeared. I heard from several people that a vehicle
which previously had 'official' on their plates, now have been changed
either to Privé or to Intl. Organisation!!!

One of the things the Min. of Finance has asked for apart for an audit
of the accounts of each Govt. department, is an inventory of all the
items associated and belonging to their offices - presumably included
SUV's.  Wonder if they can hold the ex Ministers responsible?

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Look at our website: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753