20871: lyall on the re-taking of St Marc and alleged massacre (fwd)

From: jedidiah <postmaster@lyalls.net>

I am huddling in Miami for a few weeks. Miss hayti, yes. One story on
the radio last week which
I haven't read anything about is St Marc. Early february saw St Marc
fall to some kind of
anti government group, then it was re-taken. I commented on the
television coverage of
Yvon Neptune surrounded by a dozen ecstatic chimeres announcing the
return of that ville
to the constitutional order.

Apparently the town was turned over to Bale Woze for purification
after that. My friends in
St Marc called and said that many houses had been burned on Ave
Maurepas and many folks
fled andeyo to escape the lavalasiennes.

Last weeks story was of a group in St Marc charging that 60 people
were 'massacre' during
Neptunes counter offensive. They are naming an american who flew a
helicopter which fired
into some compound. Were these 60 people killed by a helicopter
gunship, or over all? Dunno.

Well, they are calling for this american mercenary pilot and P.M.
Neptune and some CIMO officer
to be charged with this massacre. A few weeks were spent hunting down
the Bale Woze and
stopping their assasinations and house burnings. I haven't visited
personally so cannot vouch
for the extent of destruction in the lavalas counter offensive.

Citing an american helicopter pilot as participating in the massacre
is interesting tho.
Were those 'Steele Foundation' mercenaries doing some fighting
against rebel towns?
I thought they were just body guards, to keep haitians away from J.B.

--
J.David Lyall, or
     Jedidiah Daudi