20885: Munsell: RE: 20824: Jepiem: Dollars Plummets in Haiti in one day? (fwd)

From: John & JoAnn Munsell <jmunsell@maf.org>

One theory is that Haiti is stagnant (businesses closed &/or looted), but
it is also in the news a lot.  So you have a lot of dollars (and Euro's,
etc) flooding into Haiti but not much gourde activity going on inside of
Haiti.  Also some speculate that the gov't isn't printing gourdes/
flooding the market with gourdes so the value of the gourde goes up.

Checking yesterday the rate was 30 and today (Saturday) it's up to 40.
So it seems this was a short hickup.

I'm just a mechanic at heart and all this high finance makes my brain
hurt.

John