20893: kathleen: Fw: bob novak (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

I never thought I'd see the day/night - not only did I agree with Bob Novak's column on Haiti the other day, I agree with everything he said on "Capital Gang" about Haiti tonight.
    One of the other panelists asked him, wasn't Guy Phillippe a convicted murderer,  showing to me ANOTHER media person who confuses P. with Chamblain.
    I also thought that Latortue and Gousse came off very well.
    One recurring question - how does the "poorest country in the Western Hemisphere" have "billions of dollars" in its Treasury to be "looted by Aristide regime" in the first place?  Earlier there was a piece about the government paying millions to qualify for renewal ofI grants and loans. Is this the equivalent of the old bag lady with millions in her mattress?  kathleen