20898: Succar: RE: 20888: Holmstead: Dollars Plummet in Haiti (fwd)

From: Jean Succar <succarj@hotmail.com>

I am by no means an economist but I speculate it is due to an excessive
supply of dollars (diaspora sending cash, ONG and Americans directly
infusing money into the market) coupled with a soft demand (suppliers still
have excessive stocks due to all these days of slow activities, many
consumers finds what they need at the hands of all those looters at a
cheaper price, victim suppliers are ordeing the strict minimum to restart)

I foresee it going back up in the near future to and aroung 36 G.  Last
time, I checked, the informal sector did not want to sell at the new rate.

Jean