20942: Arthur Re: 20922: Haitiarise: More report from St. Marc (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

Charles Arthur writes: At first I thought it was a joke, but no, it seems
that Youth With A Mission really is working with Jean Tatoune, the convicted
FRAPH death-squad killer and 'fugitive from justice' in Gonaives.

Here is some background Youth With A Mission from its web site:

Youth With A Mission - Mission Statement

In 1492 Christopher Columbus did more than discover a New World. He was first
to bring the message of the Gospel to the western hemisphere. When he landed
on the northwest coast of an island he named Hispaniola, Haiti became the
launching pad for the gospel into the western hemisphere. Yet, man's sinfulness
and wrong choices changed the destiny of this nation from blessing to cursing.

Our desire is to disciple and inspire Haitians to fulfill their destiny of
seeing Haiti become a blessing to the nations!

"As you have been an object of cursing among the nations, O Judah and Israel
("Haiti"), so will I save you, and you will be a blessing. Do not be afraid,
but let your hands be strong." Zech. 8:13

(....)

Youth With A Mission established a permanent facility in St. Marc, Haiti in
1991 after five years of planning and a variety of short-term ministry projects
in the country. Emphasizing YWAM's three-fold ministry of training,
evangelism, and mercy ministires, our staff, under the leadership of Terry Snow,
provides outreach opportunities for teenagers and adults who want to participate in
missions and learn more about God's call to evangelize the world.