21116: Higbie: More linguistically challenged (fwd)

From: Janet Higbie <jhigbie@nytimes.com>

Nice to know I'm not the only one with occasional language issues...

I went back to the Haiti On Screen series at N.Y.U. on Sunday night, and
saw the riveting "La Fin des Chimeres."   During the discussion afterwards,
the director, Charles Najman, was asked if Aristide was a dictator.   He
answered, in half-English, half-French, that no, he saw Aristide rather as
"The Master of Cows."   There was grumbling from the audience, and someone
explained that he meant "Master of Chaos."

And the program for the film series listed the subtitle for Raoul Peck's
1992 film on Lumumba as "Death of a Profit."   Ooops, wrong economic system!