21132: sidatire: Re: 21127: White: Re: 21115: Laleau: Re: 21099: (Chamb) Rotting Money Story gettin MOULDY... (fwd)

From: sidatire@hush.com

>From: Randall White <raw@haitiaction.org>

>US dollars may get "worn out" in Haiti, but not mouldy.

Certain parts of the "Rotting Money Story" may or may not be fabricated,
 but from personal experience I can say that US dollars most certainly
can become mouldy in Haiti. In my situation, the dollars in question
were placed within a stone wall. Within one month, the combination of
heat and humidity of the location had caused the dollars to become mouldy
to the point that no Haitian institution or vendor would accept them,
 although I was later able to exchange them in a US bank. From the picture
accompanying the "Rotting Money Story" the stone walls surrounding the
safe look very similar to the heat and humidity retaining walls that
enabled my dollars to become mouldy. I agree that many aspects of the
"Rotting Money Story" are questionable, but the mouldy money itself is
quite plausible.

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434