21227: Power: Michele Montas: quotes needed (fwd)

From: Mike Power <mpphaiti@fastmail.fm>

Dear Corbeteers,

I  am currently writing up an interview with Michele Montas for a British
newspaper, in order to publicise the UK premiere of The Agronomist.

In this piece, I would like to focus on Ms. Montas's contributions to
Radio Haiti Inter, and would welcome any comments/ recollections of her
broadcasts.

What was the most electrifying on-air moment/broadcast that Montas made?
Also, what was the national mood when she made her first broadcast after
Jean's death (where she claimed he had not died, and was saved by a charm
in his pipe)?

And how did she interact with Jean on air? How was Michele viewed by the
Haitian public? (I think I know the answer to this one, ie positively,
but I want Haitian voices).

Now, I imagine that most people reading this are not rural Haitians. I
desperately want their voices in my piece. If anyone reading this can get
me the views of rural Haitians on the whole Haiti Inter phenomenon, with
especial regard to Montas, I would be very grateful indeed.

All quotes can be anonymous or credited, and I will arrange for the
article to be submitted to the list upon publication.

Thanks as ever for your help and time.

Mike