21235: Hess: Re: 21221: (Chamberlain) re: 21212: Fenton: Promo Capital (fwd)

From: DougRHess@aol.com

Greg wrote: "Could it simply be, could it just be that Camille Chalmers er...
dared to
break with the rent-a-radicals and their religious adoration of Aristide
over the past year?  He who lives in Haiti, while the comfortably-off
rent-a-radicals do not, of course,"

Greg:  Can you specify who is renting these radicals you rave against?

Regarding the note that Aristide appointed some Duvalierist to his
government, two things:

1) People who say Aristide doesn't compromise on power sharing should
remember that he often did, as this example might be taken to show (depending on how
you read the appointment).
2) I recall at the time that it was believed that some Duvalierists might be
the best people to help "get" other Duvalierists and deliver them to justice.
Of course, I don't know what the real reason was. It is possible that it was
done to show them that they need not fear reprisals under JBA's first
administration.

Doug