21370: Du Tuyau: re; anger from Mister McCalla (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

I am not saying much. I don't know the difference if there is between NCHR in Haiti, and NCHR in United States Great States. If there is so, please Mister McCalla help for me please understand.

I understand pressuring on you and organization from all sides; but I have small problem too with some reports. Please understand Mister Corbett, this is not personal; this is very serious to me and I hope to all people who love people and humanity, and Haitians people all people poor and with money and little broke too. So let me give example quick Mister Corbett, if okay. This is an example of what bothers me so very much when I want to see a good Haitian, truly Haitian human rights organization like HRW or Amnesty International so they can help give me amnesty for joking too much and talking seriously too much sometimes. Okay, back to the facts.

I am sure Mister McCalla read this in English like I did from this link:

http://www.nchrhaiti.org/article.php3?id_article=159

NCHR Haiti talk of Genocide in St-Marc, at La Scierie. Question is, What genocide? So I go to dictionary.com to find out for sure what genocide is genocide means. And I read this translation for my poor English knowledgeable:

"The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group."

For one lousy minute, I thought Haiti became Rwanda 10 years after when I read nchrhaiti.org write about genocide. But afterwards, I remember reading that Lavalas accused of killing 50 people during little civil war/coup d'etat in January/February this year 2004. I became suspicious.

But even worse, I read afterwards many places including on list Mister Corbett, that journalists (not pro-Aristide chimeres) foreign say they can only verify 5 people killed dead in that NCHR Haiti "genocide". But still, former gouvernement Lavalas people arrested; even former Minister of Interior for genocide, as reported by NCHR Haiti. This is, prior to any serious and thorough investigation made by anyone. It's from ouie-dire, hearsay. Beautiful justice nowadays!!!

This, Mister McCalla, is one of the reasons why that NCHR, at least the Haiti branch, is looked at with very, very deep suspicion by moderate left-wing people like me, myself, and I. It is the misuse of words, the clearly dishonest use of words from those in Haiti at NCHR down there, that is so appalling, so long as it's about Lavalas. It's almost like there are 2 kinds of people in Haiti: the good ones who must first be, anti Lavalas, and all others very very bad people who are pro-Lavalas and therefore do not deserve the same rights and protections. That's my little big problem here. It bothers the heck outta me and many good people, even right-wingers, those we call in little French in Haiti, La droite éclairée.

Furthermore, to make matters even worser in the worse, NCHR Haiti has yet to say anything about what's happened in Cap-Haitien, about the destruction of police stations during coup d'etat throughout our little country, about the opening up of all prisons for all criminals to go out and resume their nicely dangerous and frightening-fully scary criminal activities. Maybe this is why lately, there's been so many criminal crimes throughout Port-au-Prince, wouldn't you or others conclude the same way? I sure did anyway.

I know Lavalas was no saint, is no saint. But it's a party with an ideology that resonates still in many, many hearts whether HDP people and Latortue likes it or not. But people, people have the right of their opinions political. It is not because someone is makout that I will or would ever deny him or her of the rights to think; that's dangerous. Very, very dangerous for democracy. That's my problem too nowadays with the new regime. I am afraid before he knows it, if he goes down this path, the turtle will be back in Boca Raton before he know it. Trust me on this one. And I am not conspiring, nor anyone that I know. He will fall off his own weight, off his own weight, dear Sir.

I hope you can help correct that serious bias problem at NCHR Haiti, if you think there is one in the first place. Otherwise NCHR has a long mountain to climb and by the end, it may also fall and once more... Once more, sadly enough for me and for us all Haitians, Haiti will have lost the opportunity to build a strong and credible civil society institution, so sorely needed back home in our little ugly-oogly country: a human rights organization that deserves respect of even its detractors. I must tell you; don't be discouraged but I am afraid NCHR Haiti at least, has a long way to go to become credible even when bothersome to some people on left or right.

Have a nice weekend.

Jean Du Tuyau