21406: Re: 21398: Higbie: Re 21370: Angry DuTuyau and the g-word

From: "Bb Pierre Louis " <moibibi8@hotmail.com>

  Just some precision about the "genocide" place,  at least what the
spelling
of it should be.

It isn't "La scierie" but Lasiri or Lasili, which means in Mali, in the
Mandingo language: "where the community was established".

Until some fourty or fifty years ago, in this place was an old tree where
resided a big snake.  It was customary for the people from St Marc to
bring
offerings to him ( or her?) until some trigger happy individual killed the
snake. Of course, the legend says that this criminal died a few days
later.

I bring up this story, not just to look different. Rather for the readers
notice how politics prevails in our intellectuals class to our culture, of
their total ignorance of what matters to the majority of us Haitians. Too
many seem to forget that it's those speechless that have kept the nation
as
one, that have fought to death for it in their two hundreds year of
existence.

Bb PL