21485: Esser: Re: 21455: Marasta and the Lavalas thinktanks: ...puff, puff, and pass. (fwd)

From: D. Esser torx@joimail.com

I judge people on the quality of their arguments and not their
conclusions and I definitely have no issues with the nationality of
writers, as I regard it as absolutely irrelevant, the same goes for
ethnicity and skin color. To give a example: I enjoyed reading
Machiavelli, believe him to have been a great thinker and writer, but
would not like to see his prescriptions for efficient governance put
into practice. In the case of Haiti, the fast majority of those who
like to vilify Jean-Bertrand Aristide and Lavalas, have not been very
good at arguing their point. I really think it is necessary to hear
qualified contributions from those very much opposed to Aristide or
in favor of the coup/removal/departure of him. Just looking at this
very list, the pickings, in terms of well researched and argued
postings, are slim in this regard. Accusations of corruption and
worse abound, but strangely there are virtually no people out there
willing to put this into good writing. And here I don't really mean
newspaper articles by the AP etc., because they are not a forum in
which it is possible to examine the background of the news.

DeSprit Marassa writes:

Marasta is positif that if Esser wanting to compare Moise analysis to
Pina
and REeves and Laurent and Fenton, D. Esser would say that Moise is just
another Haitian national who no can see "reality" like aFOURmentioned.
(getting my joke? heh hehe hehe...oh oh...soap making us grangou..)