21528: (Chamberlain) 21522: Fenton re: 21507 (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> Fenton writes:

> For anyone who read the footnotes, they will have noticed that the Tom
Griffin
quote came from the democracynow! transcript, where it says:

> "We speak with an attorney with the National Lawyers Guild which recently
sent
a delegation to Haiti. He says he saw hundreds of corpses being dumped in
Haiti and describes bodies coming in with plastic bags over their heads and
hands tied behind their backs, piles of corpses burning in fields and pigs
eating their flesh"

"He says he saw"

I did not quote the NLG summary report, I said "see also" as in 'to read
further details of the delegation'.

__________

Very strange, then, that he didn't see fit to include those dramatic
details in his own report, the seeing of this with his own eyes..

Could it be that democracynow was sloppy with the facts and mangled their
summary of the report and that Fenton, er..?

It's not good enough to duck behind some website editor.  Tell us about the
glaring discrepancy and please don't say "You'll have to ask Griffin."

As for Esser's semantic contortions, he knows perfectly well that the
common usage understanding of "witnessing" is seeing with one's own eyes,
as shown by Fenton's quote from the democracynow website.

Predictably, we are served up with that hoary old get-out question about
why "choice of words is more interesting than accounts from various
sources that..."   And that other handy get-out that someone else (NCHR) is
"worse."

The attempted fraud about personally seeing 800 bodies remains.  These are
the people who spend their time hammering the "corporate media" for
"inaccuracy."

        Greg Chamberlain