21600: O'Brien--weavings from Haiti (fwd)

From: Martha O'Brien <mmcpeob@earthlink.net>

I just found out that a weaver whom I met when I was in Haiti in January
now has a website showing his weavings and giving information on purchasing
them stateside.  The weavings are done by a young man from Leogane who is
in the process of establishing a weaving workshop and teaching other young
people to weave.  In this troubled time for the country, it is refreshing
to read about something as positive and optimistic as this weaving
workshop.

The site features table mats in a variety of patterns, including several
with a map of Haiti woven right into the mat.  Others are solids and
stripes of various colors.

If you are interested in further information about how to contact this
weaver, please do not hesitate to contact me either via the Corbett list or
directly.

--- Martha O'Brien
--- mmcpeob@earthlink.net