21596: Simidor: Re: 21583: Esser Re: 21542: Simidor Re: 21532... (fwd)

From: Daniel Simidor <karioka9@mail.arczip.com>

Dominique Esser <torx@joimail.com>

>Did people flee Aristide...
Yes.  You must surely remember Bush's odious repatriation policy, and how Titid tried to use the US anti-Haitian refugee phobia to blackmail Bush into deploying US troops to save his hide from Chamblain and the bogeymen from the North.

> or are they fleeing now?
Yes.  And what profound conclusions do you draw from that?

>Are people being killed, or are people, such as the morgue
>workers in Port-au-Prince, lying?
Unnamed morgue workers (the earlier story you posted referred to the Director of the morgue, also unnamed) are unreliable witnesses, they are too easily duplicated.  As I recall, the morgue was full of decomposing bodies the week before Aristide fled the country.  No electricity, you see...

>Have judges been beaten and threatened recently?
Judges were threatened before and after Feb. 29  -- remember Claudy Gassant?  The difference between now and then is that today's judge beaters are not acting on behalf of the government.

>Just because you are of the opinion that Lavalas
>did wrong, is it o.k. to murder their supporters now?
As I said before, I don't believe and there is no evidence to show that innocent Lavalas supporters are been murdered.  Would I personally go after some thug who had his foot on my neck and who is now cowering and begging for protection now that Lavalas is out of power?  You bet.  None of this "two wrongs don't make a right" nonsense for me, thank you.

>Could you expand on PPN "thugs"?
Anyone involved in the Plaisance massacre is a thug, whether he belongs to PPN or the party of god.

>You are disturbed by Alterpresse, me too, it's
>mostly not very good journalism,
How do I say this?  You, Mr. Esser, have innundated this list with so much bad journalism that your disturbance with Alterpresse must be solely on account of their politics.

>... but why the posting of ridiculous items such as the
>article about the opposition in South Africa, virtually
>without support in the population and with an extreme
>right wing agenda?
I see.  The white South African press is bad, evil, but judging by one of your recent posts the Voice of America is right on....  Incidentally, the story you found so ridiculous is one you were not likely to post since it discussed some aspects of Aristide's unsavory record.  But in your logic, does it really follow that Aristide had to go to Jamaica to wait out the South African elections because "an extreme right wing" (tizuit) opposition, "virtually without support in the population," was unhappy with him going there?

Daniel Simidor