21778: Vilaire: Re: Simidor on Gousse's "Credible" Job (fwd)

From: Vilaire@aol.com

Daniel Simidor writes:

<< I will in fact go out on a limb to say that justice minister Bernard
Gousse is still doing a credible job... >>

Simidor, that's quite a statement from a self-described revolutionary. Let's
review the record of the Latortue-Boniface regime as it relates to justice,
shall we:
-The regime has publicly celebrated the likes of Chamblain, Tatoune,
Philippe, Ravix et. al as freedom fighters.
-The regime has made no effort to establish the rule of law to the many
cities, villages and towns where the so-called rebels rule and misrule. In those
places, these unsavory characters engage in extortion, they arrest at will and
conduct their own trials, serving as ultimate arbiters of life and death.
-The regime has made no attempt to investigate or acknowledge the numerous
allegations of human rights violations committed by the so-called rebel forces
and the multinational force in the country -- incidents in the North and in
Bel-Air come to mind.
-The regime has done nothing to deal with the hundreds upon hundreds of hard
core convicted murderers, rapists, arsonists, drug dealers who were liberated
all across the country by the so-called rebels.

...Should I say more

Yeah, I know, I know... the regime has no resoures and has inherited a
dysfunctional judicial system. Granted. It's also clear, however, that there's a
higher order problem with this regime that goes beyond the issue of resources:
Impunity for any criminal who's also anti-Lavalas! The lack of resources is a
feeble attempt at an alibi. There's a consistent pattern of allowing criminal
elements to roam free and engage in brutal acts of terror so long as it's done
in the name of "Anti-Aristidism." On the basis of such, it's hard to
substantiate the claim that Mr. Gousse has done a credible job as Minister of Justice.

Peace,
Marx-Vilaire