21834: Esser: Latortue the story teller (fwd)

From: D. Esser torx@joimail.com

Latortue-a comical man indeed! The South Africa Broadcasting Company
[May 11, 2004] according to the 'Haiti Democracy Project', quotes
Latortue as having said:

"What I do know is that Aristide himself distributed more than 15 000
guns in the months before he left," Latortue said. "Aristide is
behind us now and we are looking forward to building the country."

While I am fully aware of the dubious claims to truthful reporting
some of the involved parties have, if Latortue really said that, he
will have to eat his words in the same way he did with the alleged
emptying of state coffers by Jean-Bertrand Aristide's government,
which Latortue had to admit, didn't take place. Why did the U.S.
choose a politician with penchant for stretching the truth and making
claims that are patently false and with close to no support among the
population? An intriguing question. Now to the 15.000 guns: who has
them and for what purpose? Did Aristide distribute them even though
he had difficulties to procure munitions for his own police forces?
Ah, I sense another lie unraveling here...