21956: Craft: Letter of support of former HAitian Ambassador to Taiwan Sony Seraphin to Ray Joseph and Gerard Latortue (fwd)

From: david craft <kakadjab@yahoo.com>

Taiwan May 17, 2004

Dear Ambassador Raymond Joseph,

On the eve of the visit of Foreign Minister Yvon
Simeon in Taiwan, and
following our telephone conversation last week, I
would like to
register one more time a strong protest with the
Foreign Ministry of Haiti
against the hostile attitude that the charge
d'affaires a.i. of Haiti in
Taiwan, Mr. Mario Chouloute is dispaying against me,
Sonny Seraphin,
former ambassador of Haiti in Taiwan as well as former
Dean of the
Diplomatic Corps here, where I continue to live as the
only member of the
haitian community. He has declared the Embassy
practically off limit to me,
refusing categorically to accept or return my calls,
or even to set an
appointment with me to dicuss ways to make the visit
of the Minister
more successful. I noticed that this hostility that
already existed since
June 1999 under Preval and Aristide has suddenly
intensified, right
after the installation of Guy Marie Louis as the new
director general in
the Ministry, at your recommendation I believe,
ambassador Joseph. If I
understand correctly he worked with you in washington,
at the OAS in
1990.

Preval and Aristide hated me because I insisted that
any money, any
check given to Haiti by the Taiwan government be
written in favor of the
government of Haiti instead of "La Fanmi C'est La
Vie": Taiwan having
Relationship with a country, Haiti,  and not with a
private Institution.
I paid a dear price for that. So, I was declared
"persona non grata" by
my government and my Embassy here in Taiwan. For the
past five years,
nobody from the Embassy would talk to me, including
Francel Saint
Hillien, Lafontaine Saint-Louis and the actual charge
of affairs a.i. Mario
Chouloute.  I did have a few talks with the latter
recently, after the
voluntary resignation of Aristide. However, all that
changed once the
new director general Guy Marie Louis was installed.

But now there is a new government, my government, the
haitian people's
government, the Boniface-Latortue Government. Aistide
or Preval are no
longer in power. Why then should the same Hostiliy
continue against me?
Why are those guys trying to prevent me from meeting
with Minister Yvon
Simeon? What are they afraid of? Could Aristide still
be in control of
the haitian Foreign Ministry, as it is the case in
many other
Institutions? Who are the people behind this decision
to demonized and to
diabolize me in the eyes of the Minister and the new
Government, and why?

When the minister comes here, I expect to meet with
him and I would
like to ask you, ambassador Ray Joseph to be kind
enough to arrange that
meeting and have the Embassy in Taiwan confirm the day
and time of this
meeting with me. I will appreciate that very much.

I have tried to explain this hostility in a very long
letter sent to a
friend. I will soon send you a copy. You might start
reading it from
the last pages. They are more relevant to the actual
situation in the
Embassy. In that letter I have expressed my feelings
very strongly and I
have tried to explain this hostility by connecting it
with some of the
"cadres" of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, such as,
besides Guy Marie
Louis, Francel Saint-Hillien who is the cousin and
protege of Alina
Sixto and also the protege of Aristide; and Turenne
Jean Enart who once
worked for Haiti Observateur and is the protege of
Oliva Franklin, cousin
of Aristide, and he is also the protege of Aristide
himself. Both of
them, Saint-Hillien and Jean Enard were sent by
Aristide and Preval to
Taiwan to sabotage my work and to fabricate false
reports against me in
order to provide an excuse, a pretext for the ministry
of Foreign
Affairs to fire me. Turenne Jean Enard failed. His
wife was so embarrassed by
his sordid behavior that she abandoned him and
returned to Haiti by
herself.
But Saint-Hillien succeeded  when he wrote false and
slanderous reports
against me accusing me of sollicitation of prostitutes
and corruption,
what were meant to assassinate my character and burry
me alive. I have
compared this callous act to the assassination of Jean
Dominique and
the others.
I will say that he succeeded partially, because I have
managed to keep
my reputation safe in Taiwan despite his efforts. He
had worked closely
with Alina Sixto who intended to make him the
ambassador of Haiti in
Taiwan, hoping to get some financial benefits. When I
finally met in
Haiti with Fritz Longchamp the minister of Foreign
Affairs at that time, he
told me that the decision to recall me had been a
POLITICAL DECISION
made by the Aristide-Preval government and that it had
nothing to do with
the fabricated and false acusations of Francel
Saint-Hillien. I was not
replaced for 3 years.
Nevertheless, I will have to fight very hard the rest
of my life to
reduce thehurt that he has done and continue to do to
my wife and I. This
is why I am writing to you today Ambassador Ray
Joseph.

These accusations of sollicitation of prostitutes and
corruption where broadcast by Harry Joseph on Haiti
Focus on june 7,
1999. But on june 11, 1999, he had quickly apologized
for spreading wrong
and slanderous informations about me on his program.
He must have
received them from "vant beuf", in that case Alina
Sixto(cousin of Mrs.
Mildred Trouillot Aristide, according to Saint-Hillien
himself), Francel
Saint-Hillien, and from Turenne Jean Enard. Those two
guys are still at
work in the Ministry. Aristide is still in control
there.

Mario Chouloute is a close associate of those
PARASITES. He is a cadre
of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He worked
previously as the
protocol person for Preval and then Aristide. He came
to Taiwan following a
request by Dr. Gessy Pierre, an acupuncturist, in
order to help her
husband, former ambassador Lafontaine Saint-Louis who
has just been recalled
from his post in Taiwan after the departure of
Aristide.
A great many of the actual "cadres" of the Ministry
are from the same
promotion, or promotions that are closely related. I
intend to denounce
them forcefully to the haitian community if that
hostility does not
stop now, immediately. Le bal est fini. Bal la gate.
I see this action as my continued contribution to the
struggle of the
haitian people since 1804 for a free, democratic,
peaceful, and
prosperous Haiti. That's my mission.

I will try to contact the Foreign Minister Yvon Simeon
when he visits
Taiwan. I should regret it very much if he chooses to
adopt the same
hostile, "chime" attitude being shown by the charge
d'affaires a.i. Mario
Chouloute. I hope that he will demonstrate enough
character and dignity
to avoid falling in the trap of those "MALFECTEURS".
He would have been
a disgrace  to the Boniface-Latortue government, to
himself, and to all
the brave haitian people that he represents.

So, I will be observing closely the attitude of
Foreign Minister Yvon
Simeon when he comes to Taiwan. I know of the him
through an interview
that he gave to Raymond Laurent on Radio Focus before
february 29. I
must say that he left me with a very good impression
as the active
Representative of the CONVERGENCE and the DEMOCRATIC
PLATFORM in Europe.
I saw him as a natural choice for the position of
ambassador in France,
but Prime Minister Gerard Latortue went even further
when he appointed
him Minister of Foreign Affairs. I supported his chice
and I hope that
I will not be disappointed. But, I am very worried at
this time.

During his visit in Taiwan, I will raise with the
Minister the issue,
that I should be able to recuperate from the Embassy
my paintings and
other personals properties that have been sequestrated
there, after my
recall, by the charge d'affaires a.i. at the time,
Francel Saint-Hillien
acting on instruction from the haitian Foreign
Ministry under the
pretext "that everything that happens to be in the
Embassy belongs to the
Embassy".
The doors of the Embassy were closed to me after my
return from Haiti
in 1999, and they have been closed to me ever since.
If the Minister
visits the Embassy He will be able to admire my
beautiful paintings there.
I hope to meet with him in the Embassy if he visits
it. I will call him
as soon as I know that he arrived in Taiwan and will
watch for his
reaction.

I would like to take this opportunity to register a
strong support,
this time, for the choice of Gerard Latortue as Prime
Minister, even
though there were other as well  qualified citizens in
line. An activist
Prime Minister is just the right recipe for the
moment. He understands the
nature of the work that must be done, and he has the
moral courage and
strong CHARACTER required to accomplish this
impossible task. Don't
disappoint me Prime Minister. I know that nobody is
perfect.

As for President Boniface Alexandre, he turns out to
be the right
president at this very important time in our history.
He understands
perfectly well his role and his HISTORICAL MISSION.
His reserve and his
eloquent silence speak very loud. Excellence, the
country will owe you a big
debt, once successful ellections have been organized
and a new
president sworn in on February 7, 2006. See you in
Taiwan some time. Don't be
too shy.

I PROMISE to do my best to rescue Foreign Minister
Yvon Simeon and the
Foreign Ministry, for that matter, from the grip of
those
"malfecteurs" who are strangling it. I have denouced
them before in open letters
written to former ministers of Foreign Affairs Fritz
Longchamp and
Philippe Antonio Joseph. I will circulate these
letters again very soon on
the internet and in the media in general. These
letters explained how I
was framed by the Preval-Aristide government, with
Francel Saint-Hillien
and Turenne Jean Enart acting as executors. This time
around, I want
everybody with me. I no longer want, nor can I fight
this battle by
myself, as the fight that I am fighting is for the
common good, for Haiti,
for the new generation.

The worst "chime" are those that we find in what they
call themselves
"L'ADMINISTRATION". If we can clean or attempt to
clean this
ADMINISTRATION of those PARASITES, Haiti will have a
chance. Easier said than done
of course. Those guys have been at it for decades. In
an open letter I
explained that the worst culprits however are those
new Officials:
ministers, administrators, director generals who let
themselves easily
infiltrated and corrupted by this "mafia
administrative", the kind that
fabricates false reports against unsuspected and
respectable people, like
Saint-Hillien,Turennes Jean-Enard and their accolites.

I am going to mobilize every single piece of media to
mount the biggest
campaign ever to expose them and neutralize them. Then
the Foreign
Ministry will become a better place to work for. The
Ministry will be able
to attract good and qualified people. But first, let's
clean it instead
of maintening the status quo, the "clientelism"
denounced by ambassador
James Foley in his speech, and personified by those
malfecteurs who are
doing everything they can to prevent me from meeting
with the Minister.
If the Minister should let himself fall in their trap,
then we will
know that our Minister has no character, personality,
or dignity. I would
be very very disappointed. But you can count on me to
continue to
defend the interests of the Haitian people against
those parasites.

In the meantime, I am counting on you, ambassador
Joseph to take prompt
action in contacting the Foreign Ministry immediately
to resolve this
embarrassing and terrible situation taking place in
the Embassy of Haiti
in Taiwan, embarassing for the government of Haiti,
for Minister Yvon
Simeon, for the Embassy of Haiti in Taiwan and for
myself.

The Embassy is being held hostage as well as most
institutions in our
country by professional parasites, "CHIME". With just
a little CHARACTER
and MORAL COURAGE we can extirpate from our culture
this "CLIENTELISM"
spirit and attitude, that cancer that gangrenes and
kills our beautiful
Haiti. The haitian people who have suffered so much
deserve better than
that.

Respectfully,

Sonny Seraphin