22051: (Chamberlain) re 22029: Corbett: 6 photos from NY Times (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> From: Salim Succar <ssuccar@lissadelaw.com>

> I have looked with great pleasure at the pictures of the 1915,
especially the one about the great Caperton! Something , however, caught
my attention on the last picture. Someone seem to be holding a Dominican
Flag! Is this in Haiti?

Regards,

Salim Succar

The picture is in PauP.  The large building just beyond the crowd is the
Central Bank (the BNH), looking just as it does today, at the junction of
rue Pavée and (I think) rue Geffrard (one up from rue Américaine).  Beyond
is what later became the Bicentennaire area (Cité de l'Exposition) and
then, just visible, the sea.

        Greg Chamberlain