22143: Kathleen: Gloucester to Port-au-Prince (fwd)

From: kathleen burke <kathleenburke704@hotmail.com>

Was the trip from Hell, and I'll never do it again. No sleep, 10 hours
travel, Too Old For This!!!
As AA has cancelled the direct Boston-PauP flight, i made a change at Miami,
whence an 'airbus" - packed - took us to PauP.  The plane was full, and at
least 90% of the 'blan' seemed to be missionaries.  At the airport, very
courteous Haitians helped with bags, customs. It was good to be back.  I
waited for my ride beside a tall white man in a black suit who kept his
jacket on despite the heat.  When I put on some lotion, his only comment to
me was, "You don't like the sun."  Many taxi drivers offered to take me to
my destination until I told them I was waiting for a friend from papay.
"Ah, Hinche," they said to a man.

The atmosphere was very pleasant and non-threatening as I waited.  People
helped me with my bags (filled with candles, canned fish, electronics,
batteries) when JnJn came.  We made a stop in Petionville overnight because
of the rains - mesi bondye!!!!  had my first mango.  MMMM.
Avocados are also, finally, in great supply.  Much to my surprise, cats in
Haiti anyway, eat avocados.  Is this true of American cats?  Time's up.
kath

it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/