22145: Dorce: Is Haiti Finished? by Dlora7 (through Dorce) (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

This is a post by a Haitian-American woman with the screen name Dlora7.  It
originally appeared on an AOL Haiti Message Board and she gave me permission to
post it on the Corbett List using her online name.

Thank you,

Kathy Dorce~
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It is not easy to write this piece but it is essential to point out the
dynamics of what has been going on. I know this entry will ennerve many but I dare
to write what I perceive to be the truth in regard to our beloved little land.
This entry attempts to analyse Haiti vis a vis the International world mostly
the super-powers.

What did Haitians, the convergence think they were doing when they
facilitated the take over of Haiti? Perhaps they thought the big White Men were going to
come and put money in their pockets, pouring money into Haiti. In this
delusional mode of thinking they have resisted any negotiation with an elected
president, made possible for the superpowers to deny fundings to the government of
Aristide which led to his ultimate demise. Many Haitians who hate Aristide,
based on "yo di" without proof, did not understand that they actually were
working against their own country, for, this elected president was respected at one
point throughout the world thus, Haitians were gaining respect in the world
stage. At one point Aristide was even being compared to Mandala. Why Haitians
did not nurture and encourage this is beyond my understanding. Instead a group
of men who have been bought by the superpower began a propaganda of
destruction vis a vis Aristide. They accused him of everything negative in the book. I
must reiterate on this board that I am not a Lavalas or an Aristide follower,
however as a consciencious person, I realized what this man represented for
Haiti and the potential that Haiti had with him at the international stage.
Nowadays, we stand for nothing. Expecting and wishing for others to come and save
us when these superpower themselves can not do much for their own people at
home. They are constantly eliminating social programs in their own countries,
their resources do not seem to be enough for their own people at home. How can we
expect them to come and do anything for Haiti. The US just like Rome of the
past wants everything for themselves, conquer others for their own benefits.
Now that Haitians have facilitated the take over of Haiti, what do they expect?
that these conquerers will come and do good. No way, the propaganda stage of
America being a good guy, wanting to save the world is OVER...now the stage is
that of grabbing, grabbing, grabbing...although in Haiti, one does not even
know what is there to grab...but there must be something...

It is felt that the end stage of Haiti is here because Haitians have allowed
the last leader who could resist imperialism stronghold on haiti to fall. We
should have realized that in Haiti, the culture of exploitation among
politicians has been the norm, Aristide government should have been better protected to
avoid the mayhem currently occurring in Haiti. Nowadays we are NOTHING
internationally.

I personally do not like the state of affairs, but I would like to hear from
Nationalists who could address the state of cultural, environmental,
economical, spiritual, political erosions that Haiti is suffering from. There is a
solution to all this. We did it in 1804 with the revolution when blacks and
mulattoes came together. We did it again in 1915 against the American occupation. We
can do it again if we come together and have the will to change our destiny.