22236: Kathleen: Clouds and cinema (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:12:05 +0000
From: kathleen burke <kathleenburke704@hotmail.com>
To: corbetre@webster.edu, admin@charronschwartz.com
Cc: susan.gray3@verizon.net, alairdcraig@aol.com, fredj_2@msn.com,
     bazelaisjb@aol.com
Subject: Clouds and cinema

The full moon has been covered by clouds the last two-three nights.

Behavior of some of the upper level school kids and my cats would point to a
full moon, though.   Mezanmi!!

I keep forgetting to mention how weird it is to hear commercials on Haitian
radio for Mel Gibson's "Passion of the Christ" (held over at the Imperial)
and "Kill Bill" (at oneof those 4 film studios in Delmas) juxtaposed with
body counts  and epidemic warnings from the terrible floods.   Someone on
the list was kind enough to point out the difference between Fond Verrettes,
where the disaster occurred and is still occurring, near Port au Prince, and
Verrettes, where I traveled with friends.

Sweet Mickey and some other musicians held a successful fund-raising in
Petionville for victims.  Female spokesperson said that Haitians were not
accustomed to share, but were breaking tradition with this event.  Millions
of gourds were reputedly raised.  I hope they get to victims.

On  the way down, we passed a truckful of Chileans (hope they're going to
take a gander and maybe a swim at Bassin Zim).  I haven't gone yet, but have
a date to go by motorcycle  on Sunday.

Worrisome thought - Chavannes writes that he fears the dreaded section chefs
are trying to make a comeback in the area.  With the ancien militaire
entrenched at the base of the fork between Hinche and Papay, there is ground
for fear.  Guy Phillippe reportedly claims Chavannes and Nancy Roc as his
two worst enemies.       kathleen

Getting married? Find great tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life
Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married