22258: Arthur Re: 22254: South Africa's Sunday Independent on Aristide (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

In a message dated 6/4/2004, Maureen Isaacson, of The Sunday Independent,
(South Africa)  writes:

<< But we have yet to understand the intricacies of this island, once painted
 for its luscious tropical beauty by Paul Gauguin, now pockmarked by coups and
 rebellions. >>

Can I be the first to point out that 19th century artist, Paul Gauguin,
painted scenes from Tahiti but never of Haiti.........?

Charles