22302: craft: Re: 22254: (Arthur) South Africa's Sunday Independent on Aristide (fwd)

From: david craft <kakadjab@yahoo.com>

>By Maureen Isaacson, The Sunday Independent, (South
Africa)

>It is surprising that former Haitian president Jean
Bertrand-Aristide has not
>yet been blamed for the torrential storms and
mudslides that continue to rack
>his country.

Ms. Isaacson, you must be joking.  Already all those
"jusqu'auboutistes" who wanted Aristide to be ousted
at all costs (occupation? Who cares.  Now they call it
some benign UN trusteeship.  Ahhh... the noble art of
semantics...) are already calling the exiled president
to the carpet for haviing cut all trees in Haiti.  You
see Ms. Isaacson,  we Haitians love to destroy
everything we did not built.  It is even worse when
some of us have realized that time has passed us by
while we were squandering our energy staging the "blah
blah blah" revolution...from our ivory towers in New
York.

Suddenly we find acceptable that the DEA (and The CIA)
can go to Haiti (the key was given to them by this
fool Aristide) at will and kidnap everyone from
alledged drug dealers to elected President (poetic
justice?).  We who just yesterday called ourselves
anti-imperialists are now applauding GWB for being
tough of JBA.  Of course many of us were lying to our
teeth as we were parts and parcels of the system we
were decrying.  Now our masks are down.
Because some of us so passionately hate Aristide, we
want this moron called George Bush be reelected so
Kerry will not return Aristide in Haiti.  As if Kerry
-whom many of us  call Bush Lite-  would be interested
in the rule of law in Haiti.

Well, Ms Isaacson, many of us in Haiti and in the
Dispora are obsessed by the little priest.  It's a
social desease we carry. We hate him so much that we
are willing to blame him for the Abu Graib prison
debacle.  I know a Haitian dude (an intellectual
contortionist) who is presently working on
establishing that axis. Watch my word.

David Craft