22363: (Arthur) Reginald Boulos and the "mainstream media" (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

Caribbean Beat
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/world/haiti/qa_forum.htm
Ask Michael A.W. Ottey your questions about Haiti

Q. Did you hear that Reginald Boulos is going to be the new head of the
Chamber of Commerce. Isn't this the guy who allegedly employed members of FRAPH at
his Cite Soleil health centre back in 1993? I know that there was an alliance
between the private sector and the military/FRAPH rebels to get rid of the
Lavalas government but don't you think it's all a bit brazen now? But on the
other hand, the mainstream media doesn't mention it. Howsthat?
kit 6/03/04

A. Thanks, Kit. Haiti has been a lot of twists and turns with plenty of sub
sub plots. To say the "mainstream media" has covered it all would be a lie. We
can't possibly hit all the notes, especially when one crisis (i.e. deadly
floods) supplants one after another. So then we try to take on the big story and
on a slow news day (is there ever such a thing in Haiti?) deal with the other
stuff.
Michael A.W. Ottey  6/04/04