22415: Tribble: Re: 22391: For Haiti: Re: 22378: (Craig) UN Wire: U.N. Develops Anti-AIDS Program (fwd)

From: Conrad Tribble <tribblehome@mac.com>

I was just in Cap Haitien June 11-13, and there were still a visible
number of French troops belonging to the Multinational Interim Force.
I saw several patrols over the course of three days.  I also saw a
large group of French troops packing up at the airport and preparing to
leave, but that's to be expected since the French troops are indeed
pulling out soon.  MINUSTAH will have peacekeeping troops there within
the next couple of weeks.