22410: marina: To Vilaire - on the Closing of Grupo M (fwd)

From: Marina <marinawus@yahoo.com>

To Mr. Villaire and to the list in general:

Vilaire makes some good points. I have the following
questions:

a)Since you have a different view than Durban does on
the benefits (or lack thereof) of the assembly
industry for Haiti's overall development, can you
please propose some concrete alternatives to
development given the situation on the ground today?
No pie-in-the-sky stuff here.

b)What should the Haitian private sector do today in
your opinion to generate job growth and foster
economic development?
We need practical answers, not theory.

I would be curious to get his response and that of
everyone in general.

Thank You.