22438: Racine125: Re: 22436: Justin: Re: 22427: Racine: Re: 22419: Simidor: Re Kathy Grey and rape (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

> You are treating "Haitian culture" as if it were some kind of stand-alone
> entity.  ... This allows you to say
> awful things like Haitian people are "sick"

I did NOT say "Haitian people are sick", will some of you PLEASE quote what I actually said, gosh darn it!

>  and lay the
> blame for everything
> that's bad in Haiti on THEIR feet rather than OURS

Which is precisely where the blame for rape belongs, with the RAPIST!  Did white Americans go to Haiti and teach Haitian men to rape?  African men never raped anyone back in Africa?  Puh-LEASE.  Apparently some people are so afraid to be called "racist" that they allow themselves to be bullied into silence.  Well, not me.  Men who defend or rationalize rape are sexist!  Women who condemn and decry rape are not "racist".

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html