22452: Du Tuyau: Re post 22437 Mambo Racine On Criticizing Rape In Haiti (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

Dear Mambo Racine and all "gentle Corbeteers" on the Corbett list,

I am sorry. I didn't want to talk about rape either in Haitian culture. But I had to print Missers Mambo Racine's email to read it all. Word by word. Complete. Completely.

I will not get into one more controversy anyway. But for me at least, some things are rather clear and very much so. Although I rape my head every time trying to think (tèt mwen tèlman di - my head is so hard for understanding), I suspect that there is lots of cultural discomfort from Mambo with certain male attitudes in Haiti which she may perceive to be "rapist potential".

For example, when she writes about the Haitian man that Brother Guy "papa wangatè?" sent to her and who said to her, "cheri, mwen renmen-w", could this be a classic case of Haitian male courtship, telling a woman that he desires her, or is it truly a case of a guy who is a potential rapist?

Fearing those sorts of responses, that's why I don't tell women anywhere that I like/love them (mwen renmen-w). An innocent flirt perhaps, had caused the "men renmen-w" guy to get a bad "tabók", a souflèt-slap in the face from Mambo Racine. How sad!! Perhaps he should play it safe better, by thinking little bit more often of "Mary palm and her five sisters". Well, you can't rape your own hands and fingers, can you?

But seriously finally, if I may say so to finish and not say anything else anymore, I think that Mambo may have witnessed so many cases of abuse by men in Haiti, that she has forgotten our situation here in the United States where men not only rape women, but also kill, KILL them. Not children that they rape and kil; grown females.

So you see, Mambo Racine. Even in my own supposedly "quite safe" neighborhood in the United States Great States, a middle class woman went couple years ago into a well-known park frequented by middle class people for little jogging. A middle class neighbor of hers, a man, raped and killed her. A few months later when caught, he confessed to the police that after the rape and killing and necrophilia he performed, "this was the best night of his life". That is, Mambo Racine, despite the fact that our culture in the United States Great States is supposedly superior "with all great laws I will be the first to confess" to protect women.

To finish finally, the first, last, and only time a woman accused me of raping her, it was because I looked at her and said "damned she hot". She turned around and said "Excused me"!!?". My answer was simple: "I have a hot pepper in my mouth and it's hot". Since then, when I see a nice looking lady to my taste, I no say "mwen renmen-w (I wuv you)" no more, nor do I say "damned she hot". I don't want pepper in my already oogly-looking and horrific face. I simply mumble and sing a little song into my heart that says, "she so pretty".

Maybe we should move on after all from this subject. Maybe Mambo Racine needs to start up an interest group in Jacmel, with the expressed purpose of making more comprehensive law and law enforcement on this issue. As I know that Guy (Antoine Langomier) is no rapist, he'll be a good helping right or left hand. Oh how nice!!! Isn't that a nice thought??

Du Tuyau languishing