22455: Corbett: Lovely art of Rigaud Benoit and photos of Haitian heads of state. Also, Corbett requests advice....

>From Bob Corbett:

Folks,  For the past couple of years I have done very little on my Haiti
web pages, working much more on the history of my neighborhood here in St.
Louis, Dogtown.  However, recently I resolved to begin working on my
Haiti web page much more, and for the past month have been working on a huge project
to put up quality photos of the Haitian heads of state.  I noticed on-line
that there were several web pages with charts of the list of Haitian heads
of state, but very few photos.

So, I took my own chart of the heads of state, and spent the last month
building a page for each individual head of state, including at least one,
and often more, quality photos of that person.  The work is not finished,
but is well underway and has signficant work on all heads of state from
Dessalines to Papa Doc.

See:

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/misctopic/leftover/headstate.htm

Then, yesterday, just when I was a bit bored with hunting photos of
presidents in my library, an art dealer wrote inquiring about an
exhibition brochure I had in my art library. When I found it, it had some
spectacular art work of Rigaud Benoit, so I ended up copying the document
and putting it on my web page as well -- see:

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/art/benoit-louverture.htm

Which brings me to a request for advice.  I am hoping that I will be
spending some time on my web page each day.  I'm tring to make use of my
massive library to post things that aren't readily available elsewhere.

I welcome advice on what sorts of things you'd like to see me post to my
web page, particularly esoteric material I may have in my library that
isn't readily avaialbe elsewhere.  If you can think of such material,
please drop me a line.  No promises, since I have to tackle projects I can
handle and that I have the material here in my library.

But, I would prefer to post material that people will find useful rather
than other.

Thanks for any advice you may offer,

Bob Corbett