22474: Justin: Help Cassey Auguste's family (fwd)

From: Justin <justins@alacrityisp.net>

Cassey Auguste, a 22-year-old American citizen, was murdered in Haiti on
March 3rd by members of the "Gonaives Resistance Front," a group whose human
rights abuses have been given covert support and tacit approval by the Bush
administration.  I had the chance to talk to Natasha Michaud, Cassey's
sister.  She and her family are currently in Brooklyn, where Cassey grew up.
They are desperate and traumatized by these events.  They have been ignored
by the U.S. media, the U.S. embassy, and the State Department.

I would ask that you all PLEASE just take five or ten minutes of your time
to help get this famly's story out.  Here are some links where you can learn
more:

http://www.unobserver.com/layout5.php?id=1688&blz=2
http://www.dissidentvoice.org/June04/Felux0621.htm
http://www.sfbayview.com/062304/casseyauguste062304.shtml
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=20&ItemID=5532

Send this information to the news media.  Urge them to cover the story.
Here is a useful list of contacts--send it to all of them:

news-tips@nytimes.com, news@edit.nydailynews.com, news@blackstarnews.com,
canarsiec@aol.com, nationalnews@herald.com, alambiet@sun-sentinel.com,
nyc@newsday.com, foreign@newsday.com, info@gothamgazette.com,
chronfeedback@sfchronicle.com, info@ap.org

Contact your government officials and ask them why they are stonewalling
this family's search for justice:

Ambassador James B. Foley U.S. Embassy, Port-au-Prince, Haiti phone:
509.223.7011 or 509.222.0200 fax: 509.223.9665 email: acspap@state.gov

State Dept. WHA Press & Public Affairs Advisor Gonzalo R. Gallegos:
202-647-4252

State Dept. WHA Deputy Press & Public Affairs Officer Robert Zimmerman
202-647-0842

Contact your representatives in Congress through www.house.gov and
www.senate.gov