22495: erasmus: Re: 22486: Dorce Re: Mark-Vilaire Aristide (no relation to the president ;) (fwd)

From: erasmus <erasumustom@sympatico.ca>
    president  ;) (fwd)

I also wish to add my voice with respect at the passing of
Marx-Villaire Aristide.  We worked together a decade ago in Boston.
We remained almost always in touch - and he was ever helpful with
contacts and ideas. He has at times irritated almost everyone - yet I
think everyone also valued his voice and his courage.  I found him to
have a solid integrity that was so important in the struggle to which
he gave himself - the struggle for his people and for justice.  It is
tragic, and difficult to comprehend, when one so vital and so young
is struck down.  I believe his life and work will continue to live
and have a good effect for Haiti.  If you are getting email, this is
a warm greeting to you, Marx, in your new home.
Tom Reeves