22492: Labrom: Re the whole Rape discussion (fwd)

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

>From voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Let a 'blanc' woman give another aspect to this discussion - As many of
you know I'm a tour guide, and last year I had a group of young Catholic
volunteers who work in the DR come over for a visit here. They were so
thrilled to be able to have a decent conversation with guys in this
country, as in the DR (Dom.Republic) they said they couldn't even look a
young 14 year old in the eye for fear of being sexually harrassed or
chatted up quite strongly. Whether the guys were married or not! They
said it was a pleasure being here and not having that feeling.  I have
only once heard of a young foreign girl who felt she was being chatted
up too strongly. None of my other younger female clients have ever felt
this type of pressure.

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com
NB new website address: voyage without S!

Look at our website: www.voyagelumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753