22508: Docteed: Re: 22491: JHudicourt: On color in Corbett's list

From: Docteed@aol.com

If M. Hudicourt is interested and reads French, this is an
informative
book on the complexities of color in Haiti: Micheline Labelle's (1978)
Ideologie de Couleur et Classes Sociales en Haiti  (Montreal: CIDIHCA) is
helpful. Professor Labelle is a Haitian anthropologist who studied
Haitians'
notions about the identities related to color.

(I wish I could set diacriticals in my software for email. It is so
embarrassing!)