22510: Mambo Racine Re: 22489: Pierre-Louis:Re: 22483: Mambo Racine - There are no "Manbos" in Haiti (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

> Mrs "Mambo Racine",

My name is NOT "Mrs 'Mambo Racine' "!  What is it that makes some people here so deliberately and persistently unwilling to address me properly, I wonder?
>  One person - alone - does not and
> cannot define the syntax or grammatical rules of a language.

When a Catholic priest tells you the name of his religion is "Catholicism", he and he alone has not "defined the grammatical rules of a language", he is telling you the correct spelling of his religion!  If you persist in talking about Kathwolicizm, what is he going to think of you?

> Maybe you should define your own language. "Mamboism", perhaps !

Maybe you should not be so RUDE!  Honestly I am disgusted by the responses and personal attacks flying around this list, both up front on the list itself and in unpleasant personal emails related to things on this list.

> Also, others have already mentioned this but you're yet to address it, I am a
> native Haitian and have spent years studying the syntax and grammar of Creole
> in school yet I am unable to make any imaginable sense of your "signet": Bon
> Mambo Racine Sans Bout Sa Te La Daginen. Would you mind
> clarifying ?

I have done this for you several times already in the past.  Perhaps you have forgotten, check your archives.  I have repeated my explanation in another recent post.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html