22544: Saint-Vil: RE: 22542: Arthur: Re: All recent posts on Mambo Racine (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Charles,

I actually disagree with this assessment that people have tried to divert from
the discussion on rape because they challenge the MANBO's refusal to admit that
her name is neither written in proper french or proper Creole. Clearly these
are different issues, related only by the utter condescenssion with which the
MANBO expressses herself towards Haitians and Haitian culture in general.

Guy Antoine went to great pains to provide a very thoughtful analysis and a
venue to explore the rape issue beyond the superficial and frankly RACIST way
the MANBO introduced it to this forum. A whole lot was addressed in these posts
by people from all sides and points of view.

If Haitians refuse to roll over and let foreigners dance on their pride from
every conceivable angle that does not mean they are not willing or able to deal
with serious problems in their society. It simply means that we have now
learned to be cautious with self-professed friends who are always running to
our help to remove dirt from our eyes, when the very same people refuse ALWAYS
to behave likewise when we offer our help.

Peace and yes a little respect !

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.jafrikayiti.com