22555: Racine: Re: 22542:

From: Racine125@aol.com

>From: Tttnhm@aol.com
>
>If people don't like what she said about rape in Haiti, that's fair enough,
>but to use points of grammar to try and discredit her is, in my opinion, is a
>bit pathetic.
>
>But what's worse is that it seems to me that she raised an important issue -
>one that few people ever raise, and in response, a lot of people have got very
>annoyed with her, and are leaving behind the discussion of sexual violence
>and threats of sexual violence, and instead seem to be trying to ridicule,
>discredit and perhaps silence her. Why is that?
>
>Charles Arthur

Charles, that is because when women anywhere, in any country but especially in Haiti, report rape and violence committed against us, the response of guilty men is to ridicule, discredit and silence us!

Note that I am writing about RAPE.  My adversaries are writing about ME.  The titles of my posts are about rape.  The titles of their posts are about me.  Etc., etc., etc.  And one would think that I am making this stuff up!

Rape in Haiti is the topic.  Rape.  R-a-p-e.  And instead we get comments to the effect that I am making rapists "look like monkeys", that I and other women living in Haiti who are victims of sexual aggression by men have failed to "earn respect" or have "offended our communities" - it's ridiculous!  Do people really want to suggest that all the Haitian women rape survivors are accurately characterized in this way?  It's their fault?  They did something wrong?

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html