22565: Arthur Re: 22546: Antoine: Re: 22542: Rape, etc... (fwd)

From: Tttnhm@aol.com

In a message Guy S. Antoine <guyantoine@haitiforever.com> writes:

<< I stated as clearly
 as I know how that I believe that sexual violence is a
 serious problem in Haiti, and I wish the issue could be
 further debated but not along the lines that every Haitian
 man is this, every Haitian woman is that, that our Haitian
 culture is inferior.  Since the main protagonist of this
 discussion, Kathy Grey, insisted that we had to accept those
 precepts which I find untenable, I prefer to wait until such
 time  the issue can be honestly debated without dumping on
 the Haitian culture.  Fair enough, Charles? >>

Dear Guy,

Yes, that is fair enough. You know that we see eye-to-eye pretty much on
everything. I appreciate your position on this one and was in fact referring to
the quite a few other list contributors who I felt were ridiculing Kathy Grey
rather than discussing rape in Haiti. Anyway, I have found some interesting
stuff on attitudes to rape/prevalence of rape in Haiti (in French), and I have
posted it on your Voices discussion board / Ann Pale forum on
www.windowsonhaiti.com

best regards,

Charles Arthur