22563: Senou: The Savannah Monument (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

The Savannah Monument

On October 9, 1779 our ancestors fought for the
freedom of this great country; Most of are not aware
about the Haitian contribution in helping the United
States of America in becoming a free country.  Yes,
our ancestors were there. And you know that American
people are great people and they are always thankful
to those who helped them out. And when they know that
our ancestors fought for their freedom, they will
press their government to give us a break and to treat
us a little better.

Our job is to educate the American public and our
children and the Savannah monument will help us
tremendously in that endeavor. Ladies & Gentlemen, You
have a Duty to support the Savannah Monument and on
October 9, 2004 you should take all your family and
friends to witness history in the city of Savannah.

You are not going to witness history in Savannah, but
you shall be part of it. Those of you who came to
Atlanta and visited the Olympic park; you saw many
bricks filled with names. The Savannah Monument will
be very similar and you should have your name there as
well or if you cannot afford to sponsor a brick, you
should support that noble cause.

 Ladies & Gentlemen, this team needs your support to
complete that project.

It is a little odd that we have to inform the
Americans that we fought for their freedom, but c’est
la vie. Claiming that the ancestors of the poorest
nation in the region fought for their freedom may
raise tons of questions … and this historical monument
will answer many of them.

The Haitian American Historical Society
9822 NE 2nd  Avenue, Suite 3 A
Miami, FL 33138
Tel 786-621-0035
Fax 305-759-0800
http://www.haitianhistory.org

Haitians and Friends of Haiti, you have a duty to
support this golden initiative

Joseph Alfred, Educator
Founder/CEO
Of