White DIRECTLY and not to the list.  Thanks,   Bob ]

From: Tim White <timwhite@rockisland.com>

Bantu languages, and some West Atlantic languages, routinely or sometimes
begin words and syllables with blends unfamiliar to the Indo-European ear
and tongue: gb-, mw-, kp-, nd-, mf-:
ba-ntu
wa-tu-tsi
Gba-nga
kwa-nza
Are any listeners aware of such pronunciation survivals or echoes in Kreyol?
More telling, do Haitians ever apply such pronunciation to words originating
in Kreyol, or to borrowed words adapted/adopted into Kreyol? If so, is the
position of the stressed syllable (or lack of a stress) a factor?
The model would be something like the following. Please note I am not
suggesting any particular pronunciation by my spelling or syllabication of
these words--I'm asking others for comment:
ka-nzo (vs. kan-zo)
ma-mbo (or ma-nbo, if you please)
hou-ngan
zo-mbi
I have a related question about, for example, lwa vs. loa. Do these two
spellings represent merely competing orthographical transliterations
attempting to best designate the same sound, or do they reflect actual
differences (regional, historical, etc.) in pronunciation?