22617: Morse: Replies to Antoine

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

First to Guy:
 RAM is touring the UK with a show called Vodou Nation which is based on
 RAM songs and deals with issues such as colonialism and dictatorships and
 the resiliancy of the Haitian people. Great sets and lighting along with
 video projections of our most recent political events. We'll do about 60
 or 70 shows before coming back to Haiti. 17 Haitians touring the UK.

 Second to Bassiouni: I was reading a book recently (I believe the title
 was: Haiti's Impact on Antebellum America) which states that due to the
 Haitian exodus at the time of independence in 1803/1804, the City of New
 Orleans doubled in population. So I guess any way you spell it, its still
 vodou. The real issue is not the spelling but what does the word
 represent: pins and dolls (sorcery) or traditions and song (religion)
 handed down over centuries from generation to generation.
 Cheers, (as they say over here)

Richard Morse