22634: Nlbo: Passing of a Boston based evangelical singer (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

Tony Audate ended his earthly journey at his home on Saturday July 3rd after
a long illness. His wake will be on Friday at St. Angela's from 6:00-9:00 P.M
and his funeral at the same  church Saturday the 10th at 10:00. St. Angela is
located at 1548 Blue Hill  Ave in Mattapan.

The following are some words written by Buteau, alumni of the two to three
year Brooklyn based  Haitian Pastoral Institute that had been provided training
to lay Catholics since 1988.

Brother Thony, have a good trip!

 On July 3, 2004, at 4 p.m., Brother Antoine Audate, known to everyone as
Thony received the flight ticket to heaven that he earned with his life. He went
back to his Father’s house, without the sound of tambourine or trumpet on
Earth, but heaven’s angels welcomed him with this song from his last CD: “Avec
Jesus, tout va bien” (“With Jesus, Everything is Fine.”)

 Brother Thony, congratulations on your terrific job in life! Even illness
could not keep your mind down. Sure, a human doctor can diagnose you with a fata
l disease, but illness can only destroy your body, not your soul. Besides, in
your life on Earth as a pilgrim, you never had time to pay attention to death
and sickness, because death is only a step toward meeting God. Death cannot be
the winner when God is with us.

 As human beings, we were surprised by this news. So it was an emotional week
for all of us. It is not easy to accept your journey away from us, at a time
when the Haitian Catholic community needs you, but we have to accept God’s
will.

 Brother Thony, you are a model of faith and courage for the Haitian Catholic
community in the diaspora. The National Center of the Haitian Apostolate is
really proud to have had your friendship. Though you were very sick, you were
almost always present at our spiritual events. For all of us, you were truly a
good brother, always ready with a word and a smile for everyone.

 Brother Thony, I had a dream. In my dream, I saw all the Haitian Catholic
artists in the diaspora get together to form the Association of Haitian Catholic
Artists, with a Haitian priest as coordinator. I also saw some Haitian
Catholic artists decide together to record a new CD, with your name and some songs
dedicated to your memory. The profits from this CD would go to your family.

 In my dream, I saw the Association of Haitian Catholic Artists having an
annual big event, such as a concert or mini-convention, with all the Haitian
Catholic artists, Haitian priests and Haitian Catholic lay leaders from every
corner of the United States and Canada. We can call this Artists Day or Thony
Audate Day.

 Brother Thony, please do not forget to bring the cause of our motherland,
Haiti, to the attention of our Father. Remind him that we continue waiting for
his help, because we believe only he can liberate us. Ask him to help us
understand that only a united nation can prevail.

 Finally, Brother Thony, allow me to thank you for everything. Go in peace!
Your roots are infinitely deep. You will always be among us with your legacy of
faith, courage, love and unity. Let me close with these words from the
apostle Paul: “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” (1
COR 15:55)

 Goodbye, Brother Thony.

 Frère Buteau Espiegle (Brother Tob), former student of the Pastoral College.