22626: Port Haiti: ::: HAFAD 2004 ::: Haitian Family Day 2004 ::: THE BICENTENNIAL REUNION (fwd)

From: Port Haiti <port-haiti@intermediahaiti.com>

HAFAD 2004
Haitian Family Day 2004
THE BICENTENNIAL REUNION
July 17, 2004, 12:00PM - 9:00PM
Eisenhower Park, East Meadows, LI, NY
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Newsletter
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
ALL HAITIANS Representing:
Port-au-Prince, Cap Haitien, St Marc, Gonaives, Miragoine, Jacmel, Leogane,
Grand Goave, Les Cayes, Port de Paix, Jeremie, Petit Goave, Petion ville,
Carrefour, Bas Peu de Choses, Cotes de fer, Ouanaminte, Archaie, Hinche,
Croix des bouquets, Aquin, Mole st Nicholas, Verette, Lascahobas, Jean
Rabel, Port a piment, Anse a veau, Gros Morne, Marigo, Trou du Nord, Belle
Anse, Dessalines, Etc.. Etc...
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Welcome to the 3rd edition of the Haitian Family Day picnic (HAFAD2004)
Newsletter. The major event scheduled for July 17, 2004 at the beautiful
Eisenhower park in East Meadows, LI, NY.

::: OBJECTIVES
On Saturday, July 17, 2004, from 12:00 noon to 9:00PM, Eisenhower park in
East Meadows, LI, NY will be the venue hosting the greatest Haitian Family
reunion to take place in NY. This event called "Haitian Family Day (HAFAD)
Picnic" has the objective of bringing together Haitians from all
generations and from all parts of the world in an atmosphere of
friendliness and unity. This day also will also provide the opportunity to
meet old friends from our neighborhoods in Haiti and family members that we
have lost contact with. In all, we are planning a fantastic day full of
activities for the entire family. All the different cities and towns in
Haiti will be well represented from north to south and from east to west.
This event subtitled "Bicentennial Family reunion" will also focus on
Haiti's 200 years of independence and the 200th anniversary of the Haitian
Family structure.

::: TWO WEEKS TO THE BIG DAY
With only a 2 weeks left to this great event, the anticipation has been
building up for what is expected to be the greatest Haitian Family reunion
to take place. We are receiving a large number of inquiries from
organizations and families regarding special group celebrations, family
reunions, anniversary celebrations etc. It is a great indication that
everyone is ready to make this a true family day. So, is your family ready?

You are welcomed to bring your picnic basket, picnic blankets, umbrellas,
folding chairs etc. Then relax & enjoy the show.

::: TICKET INFORMATION
Tickets are now on sale at various locations in New York. To find the
location near you go to www.RockMasters.com/hafad/tickets.htm. If you wish
to get your ticket from the convenience of your home or if live outside of
NY, you can get your tickets online at www.everythinghaitian.com. using
your credit card. Ticket prices are $15 in advance and $20 at the gate. $10
for children under 12. Children under 6 are free.

::: TRANSPORTATION
Eisenhower park is easily accessible by car and public transportation. It
is located near Hofstra University & the Nassau Coliseum. By Car: Belt
parkway east - to Southern State Parkway East - Exit 22 Meadow brook
Parkway North - Exit M4 for Eisenhower park - Go to fields nos 6 & 6A. By
Public transportation: N6 Bus from the Jamaica station to Hempstead station
-transfer to 70, 71 or 72 down Hempstead tpke to the park. For more
detailed information traveling from different areas, go to
RockMasters.com/hafad/Directions.htm

::: ENTERTAINMENT
We always make it a point to emphasize that this event is a picnic and
family reunion and not a Music Festival. Entertainment is an important part
of the day's activities and we will provide you with a very diverse
entertainment program for all ages. At this time, this list of entertainers
is pretty much finalized and will include.

- Skah Shah (reunited) - Hotter than ever - Relive the memories
- CD101.ZIN - The hit music factory will rock the place
- Sweet Micky - The Haitian Bad boy - Konpa to the Max
- King Kino - Mové Mové - If it's show time, It's Kino time
- Dekwochay - Experience the new konpa - Dekwochay Style
- Boulo Valcourt - The icon of Haitian music will surely charm everyone
- Mikerline Dance Co. - The hottest Folkloric troupe these days - Hot, Hot,
Hot
- Sheila Degraff - A true Haitian diva. It will be a show stopper
- Karabella Fashion Show - Presented by Roupy Entertainment
- Tonel Lakay - Marvelous group of young Haitians dancers.
- Buyu Jazz - Classical Jazz music at its best
- Malakai - Haitian Rap artist
- Yanvaloo DJs - Will keep the place hopping between shows
- ETC...
- Your MCs for the day will be Roselin Jean and MC Dickens.

::: VENDORS UPDATE
Our list of vendors keeps on growing to give you a variety of eating and
shopping opportunities. Here is a partial list of vendors that will be
present at HAFAD2004
Brasserie Creole restaurant , Caribbean Girlz clothing, Consorsium for
Haitian Empowerment, Dimitri Haitian Cards, Fillmore Real Estate, Eden
Garden restaurant, Fay's Catering, Finesse Novelty, FSB, Genesis Financial,
Germaine catering, Gina's Weekend, Haiti Lumiere De Demain, Home Interiors
Decors, Idealtel, Joe's Cuisine, Labadee Manoir, Lapiyay Grocery, Le Bon
Pain, Mary Kay cosmetics, Mireille Restaurant, Pillows & Things , Precision
Financial, Romain Enterprises, Solange Variete, Sweet Treats, Taste Of The
Island, Top Grill, NY life ins., Prudential, Trepicia Galleries, Tropical
fruits vendor, Fresco vendor and many more.
- So bring cash for great shopping opportunities at HAFAD2004

::: SPECIAL SERVICES
There will many services provided at the event including: Health Screening
by our Heath providers sponsors, Community services and advices by
non-profit Haitian organizations, Voter registration drives by HAVO & NCHR,
Information from the NY Organ Donor Network, Brookdale Hospital community
services, College recruiting, only to name a few.

::: PRESS PASSES & VIPs - REMINDER
Admission control will be very strict with maximum security presence to
insure the safety of our guests. ABSOLUTELY NO VIP or PRESS PASSES
requested at the gate. All requests for VIP or Press passes MUST be made
and approved in advance. If you feel that you are qualified for either,
please send an e-mail with justification to hafad-passes@rockmasters.com.
"NO EXCEPTIONS".

::: OUR PROUD SPONSORS
We continue to give a special thanks and recognition to our sponsors. View
them at: http://rockmasters.com/hafad/sponsors.htm.

::: PRE-PICNIC PARTY at SOBs
Do not forget the pre-picnic party with Sweet Micky at SOBs in Manhattan on
Friday, July 16,2004.

::: OUR WEB SITE
Our web site is up and running and will be updated with the latest
information on HAFAD2004. So please check it out now at:
http://www.rockmasters.com/hafad/.

::: SPREAD THE GOOD WORD
Let's get the word out to all Haitians. We now ask for your support in
getting the word out by forwarding this newsletter to everyone in your
address book. Haitians support Haitians, let's make "HAFAD2004 - THE
BICENTENNIAL FAMILY REUNION", a great Haitian event

*** Please Click on Your "Forward Button" Now ***

Sincerely and until the next issue,

Jean Claude Elie
RockMasters Entertainment
HAFAD Picnic committee
http://www.rockmasters.com/hafad/

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please go to the following
link:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This message on behalf of "HAFAD 2004" is brought to you by:

Port Haiti
The Internet Information Port dedicated to Haiti and to the Haitian People
http://www.port-haiti.com

Subscribe & Unsubscribe Information Below
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This message was sent To E-Mail address:
owner-haiti@lists.webster.edu
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
TO UNSUBSCRIBE CLICK HERE
http://www.intermediahaiti.com/subscribe-ph/ or
http://www.intermediahaiti.com/subscribe-add-remove/sub-unsub.html
or cut and paste either of the URL addresses above into your browser
or return this e-mail to InterMedia by clicking reply.

If you do not know or remember how you are subscribed
to any of the InterMedia mailing lists
or do not know which of your addresses is subscribed
or if you experience any difficulty unsubscribing
please advise:
postmaster@intermedia-haiti.com
or
abuse@intermedia-haiti.com
where your message will receive immediate attention.

Best Regards,

InterMedia
The Internet Communications Network of Haiti
22 Angle Rues Ogé et Magny
P.O. Box 16042
Pétionville, Haiti
Telephone: (509) 511-1314