22643: Stidham Re: 22527: Durban: Sustainable Development and Industrialization (fwd)

From: StiddemDavid@aol.com

[From Corbett:  Folks, if you wish to discuss the reply below, please
reply directly to the author.  I have no intention of getting this list
into a discussion of Cuba.  I post the note since it is a directly
reply to Lance Durban's questions.  but disucssion will have to be
elsewhere.    Bob Corbett ]

Lance Durban asks:

"Has extensive government intervention in activities
traditionally left to the private sector in the developped world actually
helped any country develop?"

Well, actually, yes.  Ever heard of Cuba?  Oh, if Haiti were anything like
Cuba!