22648: Labrom: Re Smithsonian Folk Festival (fwd)

From: jacqui Labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

I have spoken to several people who have returned from The Festival in
Washington, either people with stands or just people attending the
event.  Everyone agrees that the event was wonderful, despite being
interrupted with rain from time to time.

On one food stand they were selling typical Haitian food at US$8 per
plate and I gather in two days alone they sold US$125,000 worth of food.
Everyone was mad for it - including loads of blancs!!!

Good news - hopefully it will show people that Haiti is more than just
guns and political crises.

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com
NB new website address: voyage without S!

Look at our website: www.voyagelumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveler'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Viajes para el turista iluminado'

Office/home numbers: (509) 249-6177/557-0753