=?x-unknown?q?22657=3A__Louis=3A__=5Biso-8859-1=5D_About_=93a?==?x-unknown?q?mbition=94_=28fwd=29?=

From: "[iso-8859-1] Bébé Pierre Louis " <moibibi8@hotmail.com>

 The talk of the day is development.
During hours of reflective thoughts, it came to my mind how some words have
so dissimilar meanings in Creole. In our country somebody labeled as
“ambitious”, is considered as a low level individual who would do anything
in order “to get ahead”.
In other “developed” countries, I have had the privilege to visit; ambition
is the key to everything. Without ambition, one gets nowhere; without
ambitious citizens, a country cannot develop.
A sentence commonly used here is “m pa vle l rayi mwen” (I don’t want
her/him to hate me) which also means; I don’t want to be called ambitious.
Of course, it’s a noble feeling but at what cost?
Should our mentality change if we expect our country to develop? Or could it
be just our vocabulary?

Bébé PL